When is the Best Time to Drink Coffee Made From Coffee Pods
If you’re reading this write-up, there’s an 80% chance that you’re a coffee lover. And as a coffee lover, it may be impossible to start that the day without that amazing brown liquid. However, you may be wondering if there is the best time to drink coffee, especially from coffee pods. Well, countless other coffee fans have similar questions.
As much as you love the taste of coffee, you don’t want it affecting your health. Due to this, many professionals have their theories regarding the best time to drink coffee. Some say a few hours after you wake up, while others are more specific about the time. Whichever of this advice you follow, what’s essential is drinking coffee healthily.
Introducing coffee pods will undoubtedly spark controversy among coffee lovers. While some are cool with it, others are not inclined the same way. But, the fact does not change that they taste so good. In this article, we will discuss coffee pods and the best time to drink coffee from them.
How Does a Coffee Pod Work?
Before we jump into the best time to drink coffee from coffee pods, let us first understand what they are. Essentially, coffee pods are just like teabags, but instead of tea, you get coffee. Some may describe them as a popular single-serving alternative to other single-use products.
One of the reasons these pods have become so popular is that they make it so much more convenient to get our beloved coffee. Indeed, the value of coffee pods in the global market is about $1.3billion. Impressive right?
Generally, the basic logic of using a coffee pod is to pop it into an appropriate machine and push a button. Then, you wait. In less than a minute that Marvelous dark liquid comes pouring out into your cup.
However, the process may vary depending on some specific details. Here are a few ways people brew coffee with pods;
In a Coffee pod machine
A coffee pod machine has all the compartments to make coffee from coffee pods. That means, it already has specific sections to brew your coffee using a coffee pod. To use this machine, all you need to do is to follow these steps:
- Make sure that you fill the water basin of the machine. For your safety and the safety of other consumers, ensure the water is pure.
- After that, you carefully unwrap the coffee pod from its packaging. Mostly, coffee pods are usually wrapped individually to maintain freshness. So, you need to unwrap before you can use it.
- Carefully place the coffee pod in the already provided pod holder of the machine. Because it is a coffee pod machine, it should have a pod holder. All you need to do is fix the unwrapped pod in the pod holder.
- Change the settings of your machine to suit how you want your coffee to taste. Most coffee pod machines have settings that directly affect the intensity of the coffee. Therefore, you have to set the machine based on your desired taste.
- Brew and enjoy your coffee.
In an incompatible coffee machine
Not all coffee machines have sections for coffee pods. There are regular coffee machines that brew coffee without necessarily using a coffee pod. These sets of machines don’t have sections that support coffee pods.
While it is more straightforward to use a coffee pod machine, there are ways around regular non-pod devices. When you want to use coffee pods for these machines, you need a specific gadget. A perfect example is a coffee pod holster. Here’s how to use coffee pods in an incompatible machine:
- Firstly, you need to purchase a coffee pod holster or something similar. While buying a coffee pod holster, make sure it’s compatible with your device. That is because not all pod holsters work with every device.
- Put your coffee pod in the holster. You don’t require force as long as it’s the right coffee pod holster.
- Insert the holster into your machine.
- Fine-tune the setting of the machine depending on the expected intensity of your coffee. Just like the coffee pod machine, coffee machines have settings that affect the taste of the coffee.
- Set your cup correctly under the machine’s dispenser. By doing this, you prevent wastage of the coffee.
- Hit the start button on the machine
- Brew and enjoy your coffee.
Make coffee pods manually.
It may be the best time to drink coffee from coffee pods but if there is no machine around. Don’t panic yet, there is a solution. But it will involve you taking a longer way. On the bright side, you’ll end up with a delightful cup of coffee. If you’re considering brewing coffee pods on your own, here’s how to do it:
- First, you unwrap the coffee pod and put it in a mug.
- Pour boiling water into the mug carefully.
- Make sure you immerse the coffee pod in the water.
- Depending on how strong you want your coffee to taste, remove after some minutes. The longer the coffee pod is soaked, the stronger the coffee.
When is the Best Time to Drink Coffee From Coffee Pods?
“Is there really a best time to drink coffee?” you may want to ask. Before we answer your question, you must remember that coffee contains caffeine - a potent stimulant. As a result, caffeine can stimulate the nervous system which in turn affects hormones such as dopamine and cortisol.
Dopamine is the hormone that makes you happy, while cortisol is your stress hormone. Typically, your cortisol hormone level is at its highest for some minutes after you wake up. Taking coffee or caffeine at this period may activate your stress level and increase blood pressure. So, for
some, this may not be the best time to drink instant coffee or from coffee pods.
Now you’re probably wondering ‘when is this best time?’ Without a doubt, you feel better when you take coffee in the morning. But, the essential thing is the particular time you drink the beverage. Now, let us go into some technical terms. Don’t worry, we simplified them so you can understand.
First off, your body system has several biological clocks, all of which one master clock controls. These biological clocks are protein molecules that reside in almost all tissues and organs. Now, these clocks produce and time a rhythm called the circadian rhythm. Circadian rhythms are daily physical, mental, and behavioural changes - an example is sleeping at night.
Now, let’s bring this home. The master clock controls your body’s sleep pattern based on the circadian rhythm. And things that can alter this rhythm can be low light, caffeine etc. So, if you’re considering when to use coffee pods, it shouldn’t be close to bedtime.
The effects of caffeine in the body system can remain for up to 5 hours. So, you see why nighttime coffee isn’t a good idea. Otherwise, you may indeed stay up all night. Furthermore, your body system requires sleep mostly between 2-4 am and 1-3 pm. However, this doesn’t mean you should start sleeping 2 hours daily - you need between 7-9 hours.
Now for the icing on the cake - the best time to drink coffee from coffee pods. The optimum time to drink coffee is between two and three hours after you wake. This is so you don’t alter your body’s natural system. Likewise, if
you must take coffee in the evening, ensure it is about 2-3 hours before you sleep. By doing this, you don’t scatter your regular sleeping pattern, and you still get to enjoy coffee.
Benefits of Drinking Coffee Pods
Since its invention, the popularity of coffee pods has been spreading like wildfire. However, there have been many arguments against the ingenuity of coffee pods. Sometimes you may ask yourself, “should I drink coffee pods.” In case you’re still in doubt, here are some of the benefits of coffee pods:
They brew faster
Back in the day, cafes and restaurants spend a lot of time making coffee. But, with the introduction of coffee pods, you get your coffee within 5 minutes.
They offer a consistent taste.
Coffee pods assure you of the same taste of your beverage. They come in varieties, but these varieties taste the same every time.
They are more convenient
Whether you’re using a coffee pod machine or manually, it makes the brewing process more comfortable. With some pod machines, you just push a button and have your cup of coffee.
They have a longer shelf life
The packaging of coffee pods helps to keep the taste of your coffee fresh. Unlike with ground coffee which experiences decomposition over time.
Honestly, the best time to drink coffee from coffee pods is anytime. Of course, that’s as long as it doesn’t affect the patterns of your body system. To do this effectively, don’t take coffee or caffeine close to your sleeping and rising hours.
Remember, coffee pods are excellent when it comes to time management and taste consistency. And, although it has its cons, the advantages of coffee pods far outweigh the disadvantages.
As beneficial as coffee pods are, buying the right ones is very crucial.
Are you looking to buy high-quality coffee pods in Canada? check out our online store where we offer a variety of coffee pods that will suit your needsRelated article: Why Are Coffee Pods Growing In Popularity?