Do you know that coffee is arguably the most popular beverage across the globe? In fact, after oil, coffee is the world's second-most-valuable commodity that developing countries export. Furthermore, over 400 billion cups filled with coffee are drunk around the world every day. This just shows how much we love that dark liquid, irrespective of how you drink it.
However, if you are anything like us, buying coffee daily can quickly rack up those expenses. In light of this, you may benefit from learning how to save money with coffee pods.
Canadians are a coffee-loving people. Two out of every three people in Canada enjoy at least one cup of coffee per day. Sadly, this daily ritual can quickly become a hole in your pocket over the long run. This is especially true if you always buy your coffee instead of brewing it in your home. So, to avoid choosing between your child's college funds and your daily coffee, it may be best to find a less costly alternative. One of these is coffee pods in Canada. Also called coffee capsules, with them, you can save a lot of money over time, and we will show you how to do it.
There are several vital benefits of coffee pods. In this article, we will share some of these benefits with you. However, our focus point will be how to use coffee pods to save yourself some extra cash. There is nothing quite like brewing a cup of quality coffee in the comfort of your home. Even better, coffee capsules will not rip a hole in your wallet. Before we give you these much-need tips on how to save money with coffee pods, let us examine precisely what coffee pods are
What Are Coffee Pods?
To fully comprehend how to save money with coffee pods, we must first understand what they are. Coffee pods have been around for decades since the 1990s. A coffee pod may be described as the coffee-making equivalent of a teabag. That is, pre-portioned coffee wrapped in a paper filter ready to be infused with water. Then, all you'd have to do next is to drink it.
There are numerous sizes for coffee pods. While various makers have their standards, the worldwide industry standard for coffee pods is 44mm.
If you love a good cup of coffee, but you cannot afford to keep buying overpriced cups, then you should certainly invest in a pod coffee maker. This method of brewing coffee saves you the hassle of having to grind beans or spooning out the ground beans or even boiling a kettle. Indeed, coffee capsules in Canada combine all that fuss into one convenient and straightforward plastic pod.
Understandably, you may worry about the taste of coffee from these pods. Will it taste the same? Is it good quality? These capsules deliver excellent quality coffee that is the same quality as those you buy from cafes. Maybe even better.
How Do Coffee Pods Work?
Coffee pods are relatively simple to use. Here is a quick breakdown of how they work.
- You pour water inside a tank at the back of the appliance.
- A pump located at the base sucks in water before pumping it via the coffee pod maker.
- Then, as it flows past a heating element, the water will get hotter until it reaches the optimum temperature (between 88 and 96 degrees Celsius).
- The water will then be passed over a narrow needle. This process increases its flow pressure.
- This now high-pressure fluid flows across ground coffee in pods. This releases that flavour that we all love.
- The water will then go up into the pod via a narrow orifice at the edge. Then, it drips down again through a much bigger gap in the middle.
- A filter paper installed at the lower edge of the coffee pod prevents grounds from passing through the cup.
- Finally, coffee drips into a cup. All these happen in less than a minute, seconds even.
So, you see, coffee capsules will not only provide you with the coffee you love (at reduced prices), but will also do it fast.
Related article: How to Save the Planet When You Recycle Coffee Pods?
Benefits of Coffee Pods
Several advantages come with using coffee pods. Here are some of the benefits of coffee pods.
- They are simple, convenient and efficient to use: Coffee pod machines are usually fully automated or semi-automatic. Therefore, you need little or no training to brew coffee from pods.
- There is less room for error: Coffee pods already have a measured out, optimally damped portion of coffee ready for extraction. All you have to do is pop it in your machine, and you're good to go.
- The coffee stays fresh for longer: Coffee capsules are flushed with nitrogen and then hermetically sealed in individual foils. This keeps the ground beans fresh and preserved with the flavour and aroma intact until use.
- There is no mess and less wastage: All the coffee you use is in the capsule. So, there is no spillage during brewing and less wastage. Also, there is less chance of creating a mess that you will have to clean up after.
- Finally, with coffee pods, you do not need to spend more money on coffee grinders. You can also save the space they will otherwise fill.
Therefore, if you have been wondering – should I buy coffee pods? With the reasons above, our answer is yes.
How You Can Save Money by Using Coffee Pods
Using coffee pods in Canada is an excellent alternative to parting ways with hundreds of dollars every year to satisfy your coffee needs.
While you will still have to spend some money on coffee pods, it is a considerably less expensive option. Here are a few tips to help you save valuable cash with these amazing coffee capsules.
Reuse your coffee pods
This is arguably the best way to save yourself some extra cash with coffee pods. Reusable coffee pods are way cheaper than their disposable counterparts. So, rather than buy or have to use a new coffee pod every time you want a drink, you can simply reuse the previous one.
However, making a switch to reusable coffee pods can seem very daunting. To help you, we will walk you through how to do it.
- After using your reusable coffee pods for the first time, take it out and remove the lid on it.
- Next, empty the ground coffee beans that you just used. However, some people choose to leave it there.
- Fill the pod with your favourite ground coffee.
- Then, apply the lid to the top of the coffee pod. The cover may be stainless steel, aluminum, or silicone.
- Pop the coffee pod back into your machine as usual and brew yourself a cup.
- All you will have to do to keep enjoying your coffee is rinse the pod and repeat the process.
Buy your coffee capsules in bulk
If you cannot be bothered by the mess and fuss associated with reusable coffee pods, this is your next best alternative. Buying your coffee pods in bulk can save you a considerable amount of money in the long run.
If you drink coffee three times a day, consider buying a whole month's worth of coffee pods at once. Maybe more, if you can afford it. This will help you enjoy the discounts that come with bulk orders. While this may not slash your expenses on coffee pods in half, it can save you a lot of money when you add the numbers up.
Decide on a supplier
Our next tip on how to save money with coffee pods is to have a consistent supplier. It is usually not a good idea to hop from dealer to dealer when buying things you frequently use. The same logic applies to coffee pods.
It may be best to have one store or two at most that you frequent to purchase your coffee capsules. This way, when such a dealer has deals or discounted sales on their product, you can enjoy such offers.
Look out for coupons
Finally, coupons are fantastic to get super deals on your coffee pods. While the store you buy from may not have continuous coupons and deals, you can hunt for others. There are several coffee stores that release coupons for coffee pods and whatnot periodically. So, be on the lookout for those.
With coupons, you can save a little more of your hard-earned dollars and still enjoy your daily dose of premium coffee. A good rule of thumb is to stock up when the price is low, as this is the best tip on how to save money with coffee pods.
Consuming coffee is a daily routine for many of us as it provides the body with energy for the day. However, you should not have to spend a fortune on getting your daily dose of coffee. Thankfully coffee pods in Canada have come to our rescue.
With the above tips on how to save money with coffee pods, you can save your considerable expenses of coffee. While the numbers may not immediately show a difference, you will notice a change in your spending in the long run.
Here at Invigo Coffee, we offer different flavours of coffee pods for your pleasure. More importantly, they come at affordable prices that will be easy on your wallet. Check out our online store today!
Related article: Recyclable vs. Reusable: Best Coffee Pods for You